Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mommy needs a new box.

Apple makes good news. Linux still doesn't know how. Both are better than those other guys.

Everyday consumers, like my 64 year old mother, are looking to put their money anywhere besides the MS bank. It is a powerful statement when people use their consumer dollar in such a way.

I really love computing as a hobby. I truly enjoyed the 80's and the "making it work" home computing. I'm not trying to sound old, but there was a time when nothing worked with plug-n-play and you had to tweak everything.

Today, it's much easier. But if you like that kind of stuff, linux is awesome. But the fact that we have come to the day when we might suggest to a senior citizen family member that they endure tweaking text files to let newly purchased hardware work over purchasing established platforms is a sad state of affairs.

To sum up, computing has always been a matter of joy and heart for me and right now my vote is Apple, then Linux and finally if ALL else fails...and new Microsoft machine.

No comments: