Sunday, March 6, 2011

Patriot Act, still?!?!

I know that the Patriot Act has already received it's extension on life with only minor powers added.  I'm releived that the normal extension time of two years was reduced a good deal.

Folks, I think most of you know where I might stand on this issue if you have read my blog at all for the last two years.   I feel that the patriot act and the creation of the Department of Homeland Security were the two worst possible answers to the events of 9/11 than could possibly be imagined.  I have my reasons for this and I didn't write this to debate them at the moment.

I just wanted to take a moment to ask that even if you disagree with me, stop and consider with a critical eye the Patriot Act legistation, why it was created and what purpose it serves today.

If you are one of the free-thinkers who already agrees with me and feel like I'm "preaching to the choir" please take this chance to grab one or both of these posters provided from the ACLU website and put it on your blog, email it to your favorite mailing list or post it in your community bulletin board as your active participation in awareness. 




In my good book the meek inherit nothing because the pigs ate it all.  Don't be one of the silent who lets the world spin on without knowing how YOU felt about the things that happened in your time.  Find your voice for this if nothing else.

--
CafeNinja
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

No comments: