Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Podcast Review: Linux Action Show

The Linux Action show is one of my most recent additions to my podcast diet but that was my fault, not theirs. The two hosts Bryan and Chris bring this show to life. These guys both should have had previous radio experience. For sure, they keep it very upbeat and with that big radio voice drama that keeps your attention even if the topic is sleepy.

They cover all of the latest headlines involving Linux in the press. They give their sincere perspective on the situations they report on. They provide their opinions with disclaimers to their own point of view and usage which may differ from popular or zealot points of view. These two seem to have a very practical point of view and I would argue that this is more in line with most "everyday" users. While I have heard them offer respectful acknowledgement of points of view on both sides of the fence, they don't jump on a bandwagon just because it's in the press.

The audio quality of this hour long video/audio podcast is amazing. I haven't subscribed to the video and would be unjust for me to cast judgment on it here. I know they offer either in the feed selections available from their website. This show seems to be on a one week to two week pattern and I would suggest it to anyone who already had a pretty stacked diet since it doesn't occur very often. They have recently had a donation drive that might have produced the funds they need to ensure that it becomes a weekly show, but I would still find it very informative and very enjoyable.

Chose your delivery following the link pull-down available on their te the choices seem nearly endless. If you can't get this feed, it's your fault, not theirs. From this pull down are video or audio, choose your feed type, format type, there is ogg there is mp3. I don't think I've found an easier way to subscribe to a podcast, truly awesome if you find subscribing to any podcast challenging, you will NOT have that problem here.

I have to confess that I hope they do manage to make it a dedicated once a week show because I do enjoy it so. I know I already said it, but these guys could make reading stereo instructions sound exciting.

--
CafeNinja

No comments: